The new registration form is here! It can be found under the side bar “Registration”. Just print it off and send it in with your deposit to get the early bird pricing!
Blue skies are calling and we look forward to seeing you this summer!
- We received 82 responses to the food survey
- Of those, 37 had at least one family member with restrictions, with the top 3 categories being:
- Vegetarian 37% (14)
- Other restriction 35% (13)
- Lactose intolerant 24% (9)
- 68% of respondents support healthier food options at camp
- The top 3 food changes are:
- Fresh seasonal fruit 59% (72)
- Fresh seasonal vegetables 57% (70)
- Beans 28% (34)
- The top 3 foods that you would like to see less of:
- Refined sugar 46% (35)
- No change 34% (26)
- Other (with less potatoes being an ongoing theme) 24% (18)
- 50% of you told us that dessert is not important after every meal
- 84% of you told us that it is important to keep the traditional Danish meals
- 84% of you are supportive of small tuition increase for healthier meals
- We are very attached to the traditional Danish foods; they are an integral part of camp for us. We have no plans to change those items, such as medisterpølse, frikadeller, rabarbergrød, and rødkål.
- We need to take small, thoughtful steps with any changes to the menu. Our plan is to pilot a few menu changes during the 2015 summer camps and collect more feedback before making large scale change
Our new cook, Bronwyn, has many years of experience creating great meals for large groups and is ready to learn about our favorite recipes and propose some small healthful additions