Dear Danebod Campers,
We hope everyone is safe and well as the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate. As we announced in late March, the Danebod Family Camps board met virtually this week to discuss safety and feasibility concerns regarding this summer’s June and July 2020 camp sessions. The Danebod Folk School Committee in Tyler also gathered their members for a board meeting this week. Across the two boards, we have made the unanimous decision to cancel June and July 2020 sessions of Danebod. The August Danebod Folk Camp board is also weighing a similar decision.
As it has become clearer that the COVID-19 virus will still be widely present throughout the US by this summer, the risk that camp could pose to beloved members of our community and the town of Tyler is too great. The decision was not made lightly and we share everyone’s disappointment that we will not be able to convene this summer for the fun and fellowship we all cherish so much.
More information about the discussion and steps the boards have taken preceding these votes can be found in the minutes from this week’s Emergency Session on this website.
Note: any registration deposit checks that have been received by the registrar will be shredded on Friday, April 17th, unless the registrar is contacted by that date with a request to have their check returned.
As was voiced by a camper through the survey, “Danebod will prevail.” 2020 Directors and the board are committed to helping facilitate opportunities for all of us to stay closely connected through 2020 and we will be sharing more information on virtual activities and other considerations in coming weeks. Please do continue to reach out with any advice or ideas!
Maia Olsen, President
Janet & Nansi Brown, June Directors
Laura & ErikPeter Walker, July Directors