The Danebod Family Camps annual meeting will be held on October 24th, 2015. More details will come regarding the actual itinerary, but you can expect a lot of conversation, laughs, singing, dancing, and food!
- We received 82 responses to the food survey
- Of those, 37 had at least one family member with restrictions, with the top 3 categories being:
- Vegetarian 37% (14)
- Other restriction 35% (13)
- Lactose intolerant 24% (9)
- 68% of respondents support healthier food options at camp
- The top 3 food changes are:
- Fresh seasonal fruit 59% (72)
- Fresh seasonal vegetables 57% (70)
- Beans 28% (34)
- The top 3 foods that you would like to see less of:
- Refined sugar 46% (35)
- No change 34% (26)
- Other (with less potatoes being an ongoing theme) 24% (18)
- 50% of you told us that dessert is not important after every meal
- 84% of you told us that it is important to keep the traditional Danish meals
- 84% of you are supportive of small tuition increase for healthier meals
- We are very attached to the traditional Danish foods; they are an integral part of camp for us. We have no plans to change those items, such as medisterpølse, frikadeller, rabarbergrød, and rødkål.
- We need to take small, thoughtful steps with any changes to the menu. Our plan is to pilot a few menu changes during the 2015 summer camps and collect more feedback before making large scale change
Our new cook, Bronwyn, has many years of experience creating great meals for large groups and is ready to learn about our favorite recipes and propose some small healthful additions
The Danebod October Meeting is approaching! Here is the updated Agenda for the meeting! Hope to see you all there!
When: Saturday October 25th, 2014
Where: Danish American Center, 3030 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55406 Get a map here: http://goo.gl/jmBlBt
Who: This is an open meeting. All are welcome!
9:30 a.m. Coffee and Name Tags
10:00 a.m. Danebod Board Meeting
12:00 a.m. Break for Lunch
12:30 p.m. Meeting Resumes
3:30 p.m. Individual Camp Meetings
5:30 p.m. Pot-luck Supper
6:30 p.m. Singing (and perhaps some dancing)
Board members (whether elected, permanent or this year’s camp directors) should arrive by 9:30 a.m. to receive name tags that identify them as voting members of the board.
Reminder: Only board members may vote or suggest motions but all interested parties may attend and participate in discussions. We will do our best to accommodate all who wish to participate in this year’s annual board meeting.
Danish American Center: (612) 729-3800
On behalf of the Danebod Family Camps, we would like to extend a warm welcome to you on our new website! Feel free to explore and learn about Danebod Family Camps as well as the Folk School traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation. You can also watch for upcoming events as well as posts and emails from our organizational committee. If you have any questions about the camp or about this website, feel free to email us at the link below and we will respond promptly. Otherwise enjoy your time on our website and have a pleasant day!