The board proposed meeting again virtually in early to mid-December to review the camp’s current guidelines in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay tuned for more information on this upcoming meeting.
Questions or comments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greetings, everyone — hope this finds all of you safe and well in these unsettled times. I’m writing today to remind you about the “virtual” Folk Meeting that will be held in August this year since we are unable to meet for an in-person event. We have a wonderful program planned which will include singing and excellent speakers, and we hope you’ll choose to join and be part of the community. Details about the event–including speaker bios and session schedules–can be found here. The registration form can be found here.Registration will close on July 15, so please print out the registration form and send it in today! We hope to “see” you in August!
Anita Young, on behalf of — Danebod Folk Meeting Committee
Greetings, everyone! I’m writing today with two exciting opportunities for you! First, the Danebod Folk Meeting Planning Committee has put on their creative technical hats and put together a Virtual Folk Meeting for August 2020! Although we regret not being able to gather in person, we think this will be an enjoyable and informative alternative that will bring us together in a new, imaginative way. You will need to register for this event and pay a fee as always to help cover costs. You will find all the details about the event and registration here and bios of participating speakers here. Hope to “see” you in August!
Second, many of you have expressed interest in buying copies of the green “World of Song” book that we use at the Folk Meeting. We have finally secured the necessary copyright permissions and have found a printer, so e are ready to take orders! Please see the details and order form here. Hope this finds you safe and well!
Anita Young, on behalf of — Danebod Folk Meeting Committee
Dear Danebod Folk Meeting participants and supporters,
We hope this finds you and your families safe and well.
On behalf of the Folk Meeting Planning Committee, thank you for your past support of and engagement with the annual Danebod Folk Meeting in Tyler. Your presence each year enriches the Folk Meeting experience in so many ways.
As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic is seriously impacting our ability to safely gather in community this year, something we have certainly taken for granted in the past. The Planning Committee shares your concerns related to traveling and gathering at Danebod this year. In the interests of safety for all, the Planning Committee has made the decision to cancel the 2020 in-person Danebod Folk Meeting and explore possibilities for some kind of “virtual” meeting for this year. We’ll share more about that in the weeks to come. We sincerely hope that circumstances in 2021 will be such that we can once again come together for learning and fellowship.
We also want to take this opportunity to invite you to support the Danebod Folk Meeting differently this year. The success of the Danebod Folk School experience has always been anchored in community support and generosity. Unfortunately, we will not be the only group to cancel an event at Danebod this summer. These cancellations are going to adversely affect Danebod’s ability to fulfill its mission and hamper its ability to serve when this current challenge ends.
Would you consider joining us in making a gift to the Folk School general operating fund or to the new Danebod Folk School Foundation? (The Foundation brochure is attached with more information.) While we realize that some of you may be financially impacted by COVID-19, perhaps others might be willing to consider a gift to help sustain the Folk School so that it will be ready for us to return next year.Although we’re deeply disappointed in the need to cancel this year’s in-person event, we will try to keep you updated in the coming months regarding our efforts at being able to offer some kind of virtual event. We hope many of you will reach out to each other to stay in touch during this year, and we look forward to seeing all of you for a doubly joyous reunion in 2021!
We hope everyone is safe and well as the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate. As we announced in late March, the Danebod Family Camps board met virtually this week to discuss safety and feasibility concerns regarding this summer’s June and July 2020 camp sessions. The Danebod Folk School Committee in Tyler also gathered their members for a board meeting this week. Across the two boards, we have made the unanimous decision tocancel June and July 2020 sessions of Danebod. The August Danebod Folk Camp board is also weighing a similar decision.
As it has become clearer that the COVID-19 virus will still be widely present throughout the US by this summer, the risk that camp could pose to beloved members of our community and the town of Tyler is too great. The decision was not made lightly and we share everyone’s disappointment that we will not be able to convene this summer for the fun and fellowship we all cherish so much.
More information about the discussion and steps the boards have taken preceding these votes can be found in the minutes from this week’s Emergency Session on this website.
Note: any registration deposit checks that have been received by the registrar will be shredded on Friday, April 17th, unless the registrar is contacted by that date with a request to have their check returned.
As was voiced by a camper through the survey, “Danebod will prevail.” 2020 Directors and the board are committed to helping facilitate opportunities for all of us to stay closely connected through 2020 and we will be sharing more information on virtual activities and other considerations in coming weeks. Please do continue to reach out with any advice or ideas!
We hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy during these challenging times.
While many of us were hoping that the COVID-19 outbreak within the US would stay contained or pass quickly, that does not look to be the case and it will likely be quite some time before we are able to return to “business as usual”. There is a strong likelihood that the pandemic will adversely impact Danebod Family Camps during the summer of 2020.
The board will be holding an emergency conference call the first week of April to determine the path forward.
We would appreciate any feedback and ideas you may have about Danebod during these challenging times. Please fill out this survey which the board will consult as it reaches a decision about whether or not Danebod family camp sessions will be held this summer.
We are mindful of the fact that this decision needs to be made soon so that Danebodians can plan accordingly. We also want to make sure our decision is a thoughtful one and that everyone has a chance to have their voice heard. Therefore, we will announce the board’s decision on Friday, April 10th. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and look forward to your ideas for keeping the spirit of Danebod aloft during this crisis.